Wann’s Bay, near Warkworth NZ

From 1850 the name WANN’S was given to this area of Lower Matakana when Mary Wann with her two young children cane to live there upon Mary’s marriage to Captain Thomas Millon.

Mary’s first husband Charles Edmund Wann died in Auckland in 1848. Their two children were Marianne Wann (born 1842) and John Thomas Wann (born 1844).